Image by adria.richards via Flickr
- Head straight to http://appengine.google.com to create a free Appengines account. Yeah I know you are not interested in creating an application on appengine, and you don't have to. This is just a back door to your free Google Apps account.
- After logging in with your gmail account, create a new appengine application. Give it any name. We are not going to use this name anyways.
- Once you are in the dashboard of your new what-you-wanna-call-it application go to versions link under Administration.
- Click on the 'Add Domain' button that you see in this page. This will take you to a page where you will see a link 'Sign up for google apps'. This link takes you to a Google Apps signup page, which is the free version of Google Apps and not the Premium one.
- You really think there is another step after creating your brand new free Google Apps account? Yes there is. Did you forget about writing me a cheque for 50$?